Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pre Op

So my preop was today. I had to go to a two hour class which basically stated everything that was in the book that we had to read and take a quiz on. It was pretty cool though getting to hang out all day with people who are having the same surgery. So after class I went to my reg appt to do the preop crap of getting weighed (yuck), blood pressure, making sure you aren't psycho etc. So I was told to try to lose 30 lbs before surgery, and they wouldn't cancel if I only lost 25, so on to the dreaded effing scale, and i put all my crap down, while cursing the two scales i have at home, for always giving me two readings. So I stood on the scale and watched that bastard go up and up. Son of a bitch I lost not 30lbs but 33 lbs!!!! woooo freaking whooooo!!!! So the nurse practitioner said wooo hooo too and said well now you have a buffer for your thanksgiving dinner!!!
So got done with them telling me i could die, i could have ulcers, i could have no complications etc. So i signed everything away and off I went to anesthia and lab...what fun what fun. So they took like 7 vials of blood and pee in a cup and I went on to get an ekg and asked a million more questions about if i'm on any drugs etc...same questions i have already answered 5 times but at least they are concerned enough to ask...maybe i do look psycho...as they asked me that a ton...lol...
I was also told my Gall bladder will be taken out at the same time due to the hellicaious meteors in my gallbladder...so I'm killing two birds with one stone...woot!
so anyway that was my day! I'm glad i lost my goal and then some! I start my all liquids on dec 1st...boo but it's worth it! i can do it...My surgery is dec 15th and I'll find out the friday before when it is exactly...yippee.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Congrats D!
so happy for you! Can't wait to see next years Christmas pictures when you're a new woman!!
Stay strong! I'm sure it will all be great!
ps. are you phsycho?? LOL