Monday, March 17, 2008

New to this

Well in light of new situations coming up I decided I'd start a blog. Since we are moving back to the east coast I thought this would be an easy way of keeping everyone up on what's going on with us. So where to start, I'm a mom of three, two girls and a boy, wife to a great man, Billy, and now I wonder where life is gonna take us. Right now we live in Kansas, a place many asked what the hell made you decide to move out to Kansas and when we first moved her we too asked ourselves that same question.

Kansas we moved her July 05, and boy was it a change. We came from Virginia where we had been living the Navy life, there was always people at our house or we were at someones house visiting. So to move out here where we didn't know anyone was a little crazy. So how did we get here? Billy had been in the Navy for almost 10 years in april 05 when we got out, and decided to explore other options. So we applied everywhere it seemed when one fateful day we got the call and were asked if we minded moving to Kansas. Well uhhhh I guess, why not. So we moved out here with a then 9mth old Loralie. So here we are, now after almost 3 years we are going to be moving back to VA. It's kind of bittersweet as I have made several really great friends here and Loralie and Miranda have some really great friends that they love to play with.

It was actually a really hard decision to move back to VA. I love it here now, I love my friends, I love the girls friends, I love the city, I love having a drive in to go to, I love having a bunco group, and moms night out. I love the schools out here a lot more. Moving back to VA i know we are gonna end up having to put the kids in Private schools, man I hope we can afford that. So why are we moving back you may ask? One word, Grandparents. well okay grandparents and family. We feel selfish staying out here when we have the opportunity for the girls to get to know their family. So that's it. All the reasons we have to stay out here and of course family trumps everything. I'm really sad to be leaving but it will be good for the kids. Also it will be cutting down on billy's overnights and time away. So that's two reasons we are moving.

Now I have to joy of packing up and moving three kids 3 and under halfway across the country. Taking them away from everything they have known. We are doing this for them right? I mean it's best for them to know their family right? Growing up I loved going to visit my grandparents. Almost every weekend we went to my dads parents and I played with all of my cousins and we'd have big dinner's etc. It was great. I want my kids to know their grandparents, but is it really worth moving them away from all they know? Is it really the best for all of us? Man I hate these big decisions! Why is it soooooooo bittersweet! I'll be so happy to see my mom and dad on a regular basis, but man what am I gonna do without my bunco group or my moms night out?

Well I guess it's too late now. Billy is super excited about moving back, I'm excited as well but know that i am really gonna miss it here. At least I'll be able to go to the beach more, lol. I just hope we get at least half the amount of snow we get here in Kansas. So come may/juneish, we are off, heading for a new start in a new town/city. I just hope I can make friends like i've made here, and that the kids can have great friends like the ones they have now. So wish us luck and me some sanity on our new adventure.

I guess it was a pretty boring start to my blog, I hope I get better at this but I guess everyone needs a place to write their thoughts right?

No comments: