Thursday, October 16, 2008

The big reveal!

So as you guys know i've had a secret but I didn't want to tell it till I had all the information. Well I finally have all of my information. I am finally moving forward on a new way of life and a new me. On Dec 1st I'm going to have gastric bypass surgery, as I have had weight issues all of my life well I'm sick of it and need a clean slate to start with. I'm very excited and scared a little nervous etc. I had to lose between 25 and 30lbs to be able to get my dates and I've finally come down that far and now it's time for me to get ready for my surgery! So I know some people will probably think it's a radical thing to do but I know how to diet, I've dieted my entire life and i go up and down. So now I'm going to have a new slate to start my new eating habits! I have to give huge thanks to Jody, Windy and April for helping me research, answering my questions and just being there to listen to me bitch. So thanks ladies! So wish me luck and pray that my surgery goes smooth. I just want to be able to enjoy my kids and have a better way of life! I'm so excited! Sorry if the secret wasn't as great as some thought but man this is huge for me!!! love you guys!!!

11 comments:

Jen said...

I thought it would be something along this line. I am happy for you and the new beginning you are in for. I want you to know you are always in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you all the best.

Marissa said...

I am so happy for you! I know this must not have been an easy decision. I'm proud of you. Keep us updated on everything. You're gonna be smokin'!!!! Love ya!

Anna said...

I knew it!!!!!!
it was either that our you guys buying a house!
Best of luck D! Many people in my family have done it and they all had great results.
My mom went through all the tests and meetings and then did not qualify and she's still very upset!
Soo excited for your new beginning!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Diane! That's wonderful news. You will be in my thoughts during it and the recovery. Just think you'll be shopping for a new wardrobe in no time at all. :)

Marla said...

Congrats on it D!! I think it'll be great, we've both seen it work on friends. I have a coworker who is doing it in January.

Gator said...

That's so awesome! I'm so excited and happy for you! I can't wait to see ya as a hot little momma next year!

Sara said...

That is awesome! You are going to look and feel great! You are doing a great thing for you and your family!

Hannah said...

I have been wondering when you'd reveal this big secret! :) Wishing you a very safe and wonderful surgery. The next month and a half is going to fly by! I love you so much and I'm proud of you for making such a big decision.

P.S. I was secretly hoping you were going to have another baby, even though I knew this 'secret' was in the works. ;)

ShirenaG said...

That is so exciting Diane!! I am happy for you! You'l be one smokin' hot mama!

Chelle said...

That's so exciting!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! When you come back to visit, you'll probably have to pick us out :) I've had several family members have this surgery! Good Luck Chica!!

Marie said...

Yay! It is an exciting thing!! I thought maybe you would be going back to school or something, so I had no idea what your secret was!! yay it's finally out!