Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a great day!

So yesterday was Lore's 4th Birthday. Well we didn't celebrate until today. I mean we told her her bday was yesterday and told her happy birthday day etc...she was super excited to be four! So yesterday I did most of the cooking and billy and I did the cleaning and rearranged our living room and dining room to accomidate the 20+people we were fitting in our kinda small house.

So anyway Today started and was a whirlwind from the get go. I got up, had coffee, left for Walmart. Well I had to break shitty on the cake people for trying to make me wait longer than I was going to (they screwed something up). Anyway I got it handled and was back home by 10am. Shortly after I got here an old friend and her daughter showed up and and it was wonderful to see them. They helped entertain the kids and set up. Then my mom showed up with Richard and my aunt and her "friend". So it was already becoming a madhouse...lol. It was great and Lore was beyond excited!!! More people showed up and it got more crazy and more fun. Old friends I haven't seen since I was 25 but kept up with online came and that was awesome! Lore loved everyone and is loving meeting all of these new people here. Believe it or not Miranda is even getting more sociable!!! It's great. However Tripp I guess has hit a momma or daddy only stage. OMG it's driving me nuts. So everyone ate, everyone sang to Lore which she just thought was the best thing ever! Then it was time for presents! Well she made out with some awesome stuff and I have to say billy and I did great getting her the leapster 2 she has played with it ever since we opened it! She loves it. And any card that had money in it she took it out and put it straight in her piggy bank!

People started filing out and thinking things were winding down and another of my uncles and aunt came over to eat hang out, So I called my dad and told him he had to come up and have some coffee with us, so he did. I think at about 6:30 everyone was finally gone and we could clean and relax a little. Loralie proceeded to say "this is the best birthday party ever". It makes me so happy to be back here! For the kids to really get to know all of their family and extended family make it so great! Don't get me wrong I had to explain to lore why her usual party go'ers weren't coming several times and she was a little bummed but I think she still had a great time! So anyway! All in all it was the best day ever for a 4 year old...lol! And it was a highly awesome day for me and billy! Miranda had a blast and had plenty of peeps to swing her and play with her so she was super happy! But the best part is seeing all the people who've never met my kids just be here to love on them and make the party awesome for Loralie. It also makes my day to see how Loralie and Miranda is with my dad (their papaw). They love him soooo much and it's so great to see it. I love watching them with him, how if he moves they have to follow him around and just keep up with him. My friends back in Wichita would not believe how much Miranda has came out of her shell. She is a totally different person.

So I just wanted to share my awesome day of birthday celebration and reunions of really great friends! Life is good, I'm totally blessed to have such awesome friends near and far! I love you all and the ones that are far away I miss you a ton! I'll be one hawt biotch when I come back to visit ya'll! I'm gonna make sure I come when I can sub for bunco! lol or at least crash it! peace out homies! I love you all!

1 comment:

Christie said...

You are already one hawt biotch!