Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And the days just roll on by

I am amazed with how fast time goes anymore. I remember a time when I was in school and the days could not go fast enough for me. I would wish my time away nonstop. My daddy always told me that one day time will fly by so fast you'd just wish it would slow down, so you could catch up. But did I stop wishing my time away? heck no! I kept wishing my life away, wishing I'd be 13 so I could be a teenager, wishing I was 16 so I could get my license, wishing i would hurry up and graduate, wishing the weekdays would go by faster so the weekend would come along. Well now I have realized that all my wishes came true because my life if flying past me and I can't freaking catch up with it.

My girls are growing so fast, I swear every time Lore gets up she's grown another inch. Miranda comes up with something new she's learned every hour just about and I'm like what the hell, where did you learn that, and Tripp, we won't even go there with him. You know how fast babies grow. So what have I done? I have wished my life would go faster but now I want it to slow down some so I can enjoy my kids. I mean we get up have breakfast, clean up, watch a show, it's time for lunch, then nap time, play for a bit, I fix dinner, then it's bath and bedtime. My days fly by, it's bedtime before I realize it. Why didn't I just savor my time back then? I look back on it and have such fond memories of my school and college days, and now I realize I was always looking for more. Well now that I have my more, i want it to slow the hell down!

Tomorrow I am taking Ranna to the doc about her legs. I am really surprised at how fast they want to see us! I called today to set up Tripps well child and told them I'd like to get an appt for Miranda's legs sometime and explained to them what was going on and they said they had an appt tomorrow. So at 10:30 we are on our way to the pedi. So that will definitely take part of my day away. i sure hope they figure out a way to ease my mind about her legs and feet. Either by telling me she'll be fine or helping me to correct the problems I see.

Right now I'm trying to enjoy the time I have with everyone because with the way time goes, you never know when you'll see people. I'm enjoying getting to spend time with my dad. I really missed him. We've always had the best relationship. I hate the fact that he's getting older, I sure wish there was a way to freeze his aging process so that he could be around us forever. The girls are loving having him near. They love their papaw! He came by twice today and that totally made their day! Miranda still won't give him hugs but she did say bye and wave and blow kisses to him before he left, which is a major step for her. She usually just hides till he's driving down the driveway, then she yells bye papaw, lub you and blows him kisses....but tonight he finally got to see it! Today he brought us a new gas grill, he told me that's billy and my birthday presents. Which is fine with me because woo hooo that kept me from having to buy one, and I still have options for billy's fathers day present. Now I have to figure out what to get dad for fathers day and his birthday.

So anyway I guess what this blog is really suppose to be saying is, don't wish your life away! enjoy the time you have with your loved ones. Time flies and you never know when you are gonna wish you had that five minutes back you wished away.

i blog to ya later.

No comments: