Saturday, June 21, 2008

Well it's Saturday

It's Saturday, I'm exhausted, what's new. Well I'll catch you up on my week since tuesday. Tuesday, i was having a pretty bad day, I was just burnt out on everything. Well my dad stopped by, it was awesome all the kids were napping (I had just gotten tripp down) and he had brought a bbq for us and one for billy incase he was in route home. Well it was so nice to just be able to sit there and talk to dad without the kids being loud and jumping around. We had a great conversation, I think it was the first time we've been able to chat by ourselves in years. So that made my day much better. Wednesday came with bad news of one of my uncles on my moms side dying. Thursday was my dad's birthday so we met him for dinner with his brother and sisters (my aunts and uncles). The girls were absoutely wonderful! They met a lot more family most that they had never seen. Tripp was wonderful as well, he got passed around the table and all of the aunts ohhhhhed and awwwwwwed over him. Lore and Ran sang Happy Birthday to dad several times and I mean several times. The girls really listened well and ate really good, I was so proud. on the way home Lore stated "that was unbelievable" "that dinner time was unbelievable". I thought that was so great that she had such a great time and thought it was unbelievable and expressed it to us in such a cute way.

So after dinner Dad and josephine came over for cake and coffee, a cake that I made (chocolate cake, white chocolate buttercream between the layers, ganache over the top and sides) and let the girls decorate. Oh my lord my cake was beautiful on it's own but I figured why not let the girls make his cake super special and boy did they. It looked like a sprinkle factory exploded on it. Dad loved it of course and the girls sang happy birthday to him once again as he blew out his candles. Tripp got more attention as usual (I swear he's gonna be a spoiled rotten boy).

Friday nothing big happened same ole stuff, except I found out that my step dad is in the hospital due to some issues wth potassium. He was paralyzed from the waist down for almost a day. Very scary stuff. but seems to be doing better.

Today, I've been in just a horrible mood. I'm tired, grumpy and irritated. I was that way all day, however I invited dad and josephine over for dinner, which was nice and so they could help us eat some more of the birthday cake of dads. So the kids played while we finished cooking dinner, we ate, the kids swung some more, we came in and ate cake and had coffee, and dad and josephine left. We came inside and started watching gymnastic, i called a few people, put the kids and bed, just so I could have some time to catch up on here. So there's my week...lol exciting huh? So now I'm still tired and exhausted so I'm going to bed. I'll blog again soon and hopefully I'll be in a better mood...lol

1 comment:

Marla said...

Isn't it amazing the conversations you can actually have when the kids are asleep?